Monday, May 24, 2010

(vintage) lone star quilt

This quilt pattern is called The Lone Star.




I don't really like this pattern, but I can't even imagine just how hard this quilt would be to make. Look at all those tiny diamonds! And this was made before the rotary cutter was invented- meaning that all those fabric diamonds had to be cut out individually with scissors. I have a hard time cutting out a circle with scissors! And piecing all those points, making them match up...I have a headache just thinking about it.

Kudos to our grandmothers & great great great's for having the patience and perfectionistic drive to create such detailed and complicated works. I have a lot of respect for that level of talent.

Have you ever seen one of these quilts in person?

No comments:

Post a Comment