Friday, May 21, 2010

sleeping in a submarine



I could not get to sleep last night. I was wide awake, and so uncomfortable. Over the past week or 2, when we go to bed, my body aches like it never has before. I can't figure it out- maybe it's because I am not standing all day, running up and down stairs, carrying heavy boxes out to customers cars. My body is trying to tell me to get some sort of physical activity, I guess. So I toss and turn, wishing I could just fall asleep.

Just as I finally started to fall asleep- my eyes popped open. I was suddenly struck with hunger. I wanted an apple and some cheese. "I'll just get up real quick, have a snack, then come right back to bed." was my thinking. "Or maybe I'll just have the cheese. No, it's only perfect with an apple. Maybe I should just have some yogurt. No. Apple and cheese."

What? Hungry at 2 a.m.? What is wrong with me? I made myself forget about it- I wasn't as uncomfortable at that point, so I was not going to get up and eat. At 2 in the morning, no less.

Then Danny rolled over and gave me a giant hug. He was sound asleep, lucky man. And he wouldn't let go. So, I waited it out, till I fell back asleep.

I envy his easy sleep. His deep and dreamless sleep. I have crazy dreams most nights. I dream of people dying, and cats talking. It takes me awhile to wake up, and shrug it all off as not real.

Well, I have a big day tomorrow. I am helping my mom throw a bridal shower for Mal's friend Annie. Then Danny and I are having a BBQ with Mike & Nan. So I am off to bake some cupcakes, and clean my messy mess of a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment