Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring forward!


Out of the gloom and doom of winter, out of the moody blues and into longer, sunnier days. Which means longer, sunnier and happier days ahead for me.

I loved being able to open up all of the windows in the house today as I cleaned. Fresh air makes me happy. It makes my house happy. And it makes cleaning house a lot more pleasant. Having a sick husband really messes up the house a lot faster than usual. (Danny was sick all weekend- nasty cold) Good thing he went to work today!

Little Tilda and I took a little afternoon break in our dismal yet sunny backyard. I do not enjoy gardening, and I so do not have a green thumb. I have killed nearly all of the houseplants I have ever had. But that backyard... I need to do something about it. But for now, that matter is on hold.

I stripped the sheets and blankets and pillows off the bed, and put fresh ones on. I decided to take off the heavy winter down comforter and swap it out with the lighter spring/summer quilt. As I was putting the laundry away, I thought about cleaning out my drawers. "It'll only take a minute", I thought. Then it was "nah, not today." That too, is on hold.

As the day wore on, so did my allergies. And now, at bedtime- I think it's more than allergies. My left nostril is completely plugged up, and constantly running at the same time. My head is throbbing, and I am extra whiny. I really, really hope that this doesn't get worse!

In other news:

My friend Kelley just had a baby boy yesterday afternoon. I haven't seen any photos yet, but I am super excited to meet him! (after I get better that is)

I am working on a new quilt, out of the Timber fabric collection that I posted earlier. I have the top finished, I just need to pick out fabric for the back and the binding, and then I am going to take it to get machine quilted. Ohh I am so excited to see it finished!

I can't wait to get in that clean comfy bed!

'Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment