Wednesday, December 28, 2011

not ever going to be able to top this one


I met Kyle, the very talented artist behind button arcade while I was at Crafty Wonderland in Portland last spring. What I didn't see on her table were her ornaments. Later, when we got home and I was checking out all the cards I had collected at the fair, I saw her ornaments in her etsy shop. And I died. And ordered almost all of them. I wanted to get the whole famdamily one for Christmas.

Then we moved and I forgot. Then december came. And a week before christmas, I remembered when I found the stash of ornaments I had been saving. And I panicked.


Photobucket
But Kyle was kind enough to make 8 new ornaments in 3 days and ship them to me super fast. I was SO thrilled to open the package when it came.

Thanks Kyle!



Photobucket
Are you dying yet? I'm dying all over again.



Photobucket
Danny and I. I laugh every time I see his sweet moustache!



Photobucket
Nan and Mike.



Photobucket
Nick and Stevie. I love the birds!



Photobucket
And Loo-loo...



Photobucket
Hehe. My dad.



Photobucket
My Mom.



Photobucket
Maloree.



Photobucket
Cory.



Photobucket
Danny's sister Chelsea. She is my fav. Everything about her matches her personality to a T.



Photobucket
Danny's sister Linds...



Photobucket
And her GF Sarah. 


I knew I'd forget somebody. I forgot Danny's dad. Oops.

And sorry for the somewhat blurry photos, ever since I got glasses I keep taking blurry photos. Whether I'm wearing my glasses or not. It's very irritating. I need to go in and get my eyes re-checked! And maybe get some contacts, because jamming the camera against my glasses is very uncomfortable.

I really wanted to use pretty snowflakes on my gifts, but after spending a whole evening cutting them out and trying to get them to stick on the gifts, I hated how they looked. It was a total Pinterest fail. Oh well. 

So I dug around in my yarn bin for some red yarn, and made it work. I quite like how they turned out. Then I used my huge alphabet stamps to put first initials on them for a little kick. 

P.S. Kyle makes the most gorgeous and cute little dresses for Blythe dolls. She makes me want to buy a Blythe doll just so I can dress her in button arcade dresses!

Like this one, and this one, and this one, and....

No comments:

Post a Comment