Monday, June 14, 2010

phew!

I haven't blogged all week! Probably because I have been busy sewing, of course!

Here is a sneak peek at what I have been working so hard on...

...a quilt for 2 of my bestest bff's Mike & Nan. They are having a baby in August- Yea! My first nephew! I can't wait! So I have been busy creating the coolest baby quilt ever. And since I am pretty sure they don't read this- I wanted to share it!

Strips sewn and cut ready for the next step.


This is one of 6 blocks for the quilt. I am crazy- this block alone probably took me 8 hours to finish. Phew. I am so glad to be done with the ultra detailed blocks! They look freakin amazing if I do say so myself.

Of course I had to change my mind about this project like 4 times before it was perfect. I had even bought and pre-shrunk all the fabric, then changed my mind and bought new fabric! The fabric I found was perfect- except for the fact that it was out of print- I talked about it in this post.

Anyway- that's what I have been up too all week! And will be this week- and I am helping my mom with a project too.

I will post more juicy photos later...

Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment: