Saturday, June 26, 2010

little miss...

...piggy, that has taken me all week to finish.

I made my first one, and then immediately made this one. I am not a perfectionist, but this pattern requires perfection. So here she is in all her satiny glory...


That's right, I made her out of baby pink satin. Told you I was crazy... The photo on the front of the pattern shows the girl pig made out of a fuzzy soft fabric. I want a cuddly pig just like in the picture! I can't find anything like it anywhere, (except for flannel, and I didn't want flannel) so I decided to go with satin- still soft and cuddly. Kinda hard to sew with though.


Look how cute those tiny straps are, crossed in the back!

(don't mind the pins, I can't for the life of me find my snaps so I can finish her dress.)



My first attempt. Not so bad, but not what I expected out of myself. Hence number 2. And she is so not finished. I have not made clothes for her yet, or sewn her eyes on, or finished sewing her snout on...


I also made this gorgeous blanket for my future babies- I got the fabric forever ago, just for this kind of blanket. Once I learned how to make them, I couldn't wait to get this done!

( I kinda want a bigger one for me...and while I'm at it, I also kind of want a baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment