Wednesday, August 19, 2009

i heart danny

Danny is the best man in the world. (for me) Seriously, every day I am amazed at something he does or something he says.

(my little heart flutters and I stop breathing and I get a rush of happiness)

We are SO different. If we hadn't of been set up by friends, we would of never met. And I would be so so lonely. Last week I asked him if he wanted to sit outside with me and enjoy the breeze and the moonlight. As we sat under that bright, clear sky, with the full moon making the backyard glow, we were chatting about the earth and it's rotation and path around the sun, what influence the moon has over the earth, and such. Then Danny says to me:

"So then do you know what time is based on?"
Me: "What?"
Danny: "You know, 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour."
Me: "Oh yeah. I have always wondered about that, especially when I learned how to tell time. I was always so confused by it. And then I just accepted that that is the way it is, so just learn it already and get your teacher to back off."
Danny: "The Sumerians (an ancient culture that I don't remember learning about) counted on their fingers at each knuckle, counting off of each finger with their thumb. (3 in each finger, each hand=12, 2 hands=24) 12 hours of day, 12 hours of night. Except that they would base when night/day started based on the seasons. So it wasn't always even, but someone later in time finally made it even."
Me: "And the hour?"
Danny: "Each hand = 12, and your hand has 5 fingers. That = 60 minutes in an hour.
Me: "Huh. Interesting." wait. "How in the hell do you know this?!?"
Danny "I don't remember where. Probably the History or Science Channel."

I have forgotten pretty much everything I learned in school. So I often wonder about things, like the universe, and I think and try to remember, but I don't. And I NEVER wonder while I am in front of the computer with the all powerful Google. So I never get my wondering figured out.

Until I met Danny. He pretty much knows everything about anything. So now when I wonder, he is there, and he teaches me all over again. I think it's pretty amazing that he retains all those facts. I remember colors and smells and whether or not I was scared at the time. But he remembers facts. And that is one reason why we are so different.

And it makes me fall in love with him all over again every time it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment