Friday, March 29, 2013

sandy beaches and squatty toilets

 photo IMG_9019_zps2a1779cd.jpg
Most people flew out the next day, but we stayed for another 2 days. Wahooo- beach day!

Isn't that water gorgeous???





 photo IMG_9020_zpsd29e8a92.jpg
Danny enjoying the ocean.




 photo IMG_8924_zpsc70ea39e.jpg
The greatest part about vacationing near a beach is the time we spend playing in the water together. I loooove it. We need to do it more....




 photo IMG_8923_zpsaa879ec6.jpg
Ahhh.


I love floating in the water. It's so relaxing.




 photo IMG_8925_zps53395e86.jpg
Just hanging out, probably had an ice cold coke nearby.




 photo IMG_8932_zps4ec3190f.jpg
We saw this cute thai kitty chilling on the resort grounds.



I messed up our flights by accident, so we ended up having to fly back to Bangkok to fly back home. So it cut our trip short a day, but we still had fun. We stayed at the hotel at the airport so it would be easy for us to get back and forth. 





 photo IMG_9063_zpsb7001d54.jpg
We got up early and took the train into Bangkok for one last time.




 photo IMG_8966_zps8859391b.jpg
It was very overcast that day, which was very nice.




 photo IMG_8965_zpsb6c37e47.jpg
We went to a different mall, and there were like 3 Crocs stores. Creepy guys!




 photo IMG_9055_zpsdca5966f.jpg
Thai McDonalds.




 photo IMG_9056_zps2c4c35ef.jpg
McGrilled chicken curry. LOL.



We flew back to Tokyo....




 photo IMG_8971_zps5a7a9833.jpg
And I finally saw a squatty toilet! But I didn't want to risk peeing on myself, so I opted for the regular toilet. 




 photo IMG_8980_zps639f5c27.jpg
Japanese Dr Pepper!




 photo IMG_8977_zps9fe37bef.jpg
This was a coffee drink with coffee gelatinous stuff on the bottom. I thought I'd like it, but not so much.




 photo IMG_8975_zpsd129dcdc.jpg
A coke for Danny.




The plane from Tokyo to SF was sooooo nice. It was brand new and had tv's in the seats. Our first flight, the one I was so miserable on? It was old! Like a boxy-tv-in-the-ceiling-every-10-rows old. So watching movies wasn't an option. And I will say- watching movies saved me. A long flight is SO MUCH BETTER if you can watch movies. 




 photo IMG_9052_zps88433c28.jpg
Hm, is this lobster baby sauce?




 photo IMG_9053_zps0e241d8d.jpg
The snacks and the food was so much better too! I love flying from Japan!

So, a totally crazy thing happened on this flight. When we first got on the plane, two men were fighting a few rows behind and to the left of us. One man was Indian, and he took off his shoes, and the Japanese man sitting next to him threw a fit. He said his feet were stinky and he demanded that his shoes remain on during the flight. The flight attendants had to break it up a few times before we took off. Anyway, when we had about 4 hours left in the flight, there was some commotion behind us. The fight attendants were flocking together and speaking Japanese really fast. I just figured it was the men and ignored it. Then more flight attendants came back so I turned around, and a man sitting right behind us had stopped breathing, and the man next to him was giving him mouth to mouth. He finally got him breathing again, so they laid the man across that row of seats. Crazy right? 




 photo IMG_9004_zps8f7eb977.jpg
OMG noodlebug was SO FREAKING EXCITED that we were home!




 photo IMG_9013_zps799cc997.jpg
And I was excited to put my rings on again. (I left them home because Thailand isn't exactly know for it's safety.)

We took a nap. In our bed. Ahhhhh.





 photo IMG_9008_zpsd46c04bd.jpg

Then we went to our favorite breakfast place- Just for You for some american food. Danny had gotten sick of Thai food- but I wasn't. 

And that's it! Our great adventure that made us world travelers!



No comments:

Post a Comment