Monday, June 15, 2009

millions of peaches, peaches for me


Today was happy and sad. I drove lil peach to my parents house for the very last time. She has needed more work done in the last year than in the previous 14 years, so my Dad has been on the lookout for a better car. Well he found one, and that's that. I got a 2001 Hyundai Elantra. It's a greenish blue color, and it has grey interior.

My Dad bought me lil peach in October of 1995. I was to receive her as a graduation gift as long as I got good grades and went to Seminary. Well, I got good grades. And after some debate, I did get her for graduation. We have had our ups and downs, but all in all, she was a wonderful car. I will miss her. Lindsay named her Princess Peach, and I fondly called her lil peach.

I liked the hatchback, and the smallness of her. But I will gladly trade those things for safer seat belts, airbags, latch, and a cd player. She has aged so much over the last year! Rust spots abound, the rubber around the windows cracked and falling off, cracks in the dash, and the loudness of driving her on the freeway! It felt (and sounded like) you were about to take off in a small plane!

Anyway, I am rambling. I will miss you, Princess Peach. Farewell!

(I didn't have a photo of her! Well, a digital one. So I found this one online)

No comments:

Post a Comment