Monday, September 5, 2011

pretty pretties

I'm constantly inspired by Heather Bailey- and I've been thinking about these cute little bobbins ever since I read this blog post forever ago.

I went out and bought some supplies (dowels and finials) right away. Then I looked at my embroidery floss collection and laughed- haha so not the best way to store and catalogue all that floss!

I recently found some baker's twine in a rainbow of colors- and no way to store it. Oh wait- I think I remember something...


Ta-da!




These were SO fun and easy to make! 12 inch dowels, cut in half. The finials were glued on the ends with elmers glue. Painted with regular acrylic paint, and finished with a satin polyurethane coating.




One of my faves...



I've been using it to attach my rag-a-muffin tags to the items in my etsy shop.




I love it when beautiful notions can double as colorful decorations! (and still be functional!)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I have a bunch a bakery twine. I just might have to copy this idea!

    ReplyDelete