Friday, December 4, 2009

buffy vs dracula


Have I ever told you about my favorite show? Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (BTVS to all the hardcore fans)

I LOVE IT!!!!


(season 2)


And I have been watching it again recently. I have all 7 seasons on DVD. So I started with season 1 (fashion is terrible, story lines are weak, but the writing and character development make it all worth watching- again and again.) Season 2 is all right, Season 3 has some good episodes and the characters get better, but I absolutely hate Faith.)


(season 5, I love that Joss is in the photo)

And Season 4, my personal favorite. We just finished it a few days ago. Buffy and the Scooby Gang are in college, and their characters are perfectly formed, in my opinion. So many hilarious moments, I don't think I will ever get sick of them. Joss Whedon, the creator and his writing team are amazingly hilarious.

Seriously, a show about a girl named Buffy and vampires? S-T-U-P-I-D! (that is what I thought for the longest time. I refused to watch it. My best friend watched it, and I would leave the room. Then I moved into my own apartment, and until I could afford cable, the only channel I got was FX. And they had mini Buffy marathons on daily. So I got into it. And realised just how amazing it was.)

I Netflixed it, and got through Season 5 in record time. (Season 6 wasn't out yet, and Season 7 was almost over.) When they all finally came out on DVD, I asked for the whole set for Christmas one year. And that is all I got. SO worth it!

I really like Season 6 too- but Danny hates it. Hated it so much, that the first time we watched it together, he wouldn't finish the season. And so he never even saw Season 7, which I have only seen once, and didn't really like it. So we will see how I like it this time around.

If you want a good taste of Buffy to see if you will maybe like it, I recommend these episodes:

Band Candy (season 3)
Something Blue (season 4)
Hush (season 4)
Restless (season 4)
Buffy vs Dracula (season 5)
Once More, With Feeling (season 6)
Tabula Rasa (season 6)
Storyteller (season 7)

Yeah, I know. That is a bit more than a few. What can I say? I think everyone should watch this show. It makes me laugh, making me not focus so much on the dire in my life. Dire? Do I really have dire? No. That is just me being dramatic of course.

(I could only find clips on the first two. Sorry!)

And, I love how freakish some of the hardcore fans are! They constantly make their own Buffy Concept Art (see below)


Seriously? Buffy never had a sword like that. (geek alert) And Angel & Spike on a rocky island behind her, with swords of their own? WTF!? HA! I love it! So entertaining! (click on this photo just to see just how bad the details are. You'll laugh too!)


I just had to add this photo. It's one of my favorites. Spike and Giles, the 2 english blokes having tea. Well, blood for the vampire and tea for the watcher. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment