Monday, August 1, 2011

a glimpse into the insanity that is me


In the last few months I've had a few salads that had goat cheese in it. I decided that I like it very much.

So when I was planning a very delicious dinner for my husband and I, of course I wanted to have a salad that included goat cheese in the recipe. So I got a tub of it at our local Costco.

The day before the planned fancy dinner, I made Elephants Tomato Orange Soup, with grilled cheese sandwiches. I thought it would be delicious to add some of that creamy delicious goat cheese to the sandwiches along with mozzarella.

While making the sandwiches, I stole a little goat cheese to taste it.

It tasted exactly like how goats smell. I know how goats smell- we liked to visit the ones at The Old Hen B&B.

I put it out of my mind. "I'm crazy. That's ridiculous. I like goat cheese." I finished making dinner, and sat down to eat. "How's dinner?" I asked Danny. "Great! The sandwich is amazing!"

I happily took a bite. Goat smell filled my mouth. I tried to just swallow the bite whole, and instead it spread all over my tongue. I proclaimed "I'm gonna puke!" and ran to the sink, gagging and spitting out the offending cheese and rinsing out my mouth.

"SERIOUSLY?!?!?!" says my husband. "Was that really necessary?"

Sadly- yes it was. It was that horrible. I have been a picky eater my whole life, and I'll admit to performing theatrics in the past tasting something new that I had already decided I hated and would do anything not to have to eat it.

But this? This was real disgust. What in the world is wrong with me? I seriously, honestly, truly, tasted nastiness. And Danny tasted nothing but good creamy goat cheese.


If I could only harness my mind's power for good, not evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment