Monday, August 30, 2010

do fun stuff


Hey everybody! Today is a very special day. It's the release of the kids music for grownups album called "Do Fun Stuff" on iTunes. ALL of the proceeds from sales will go to fund more research for PRISMS, which is a foundation dedicated to SMS, or smith-magenis syndrome. It's a rare and complex genetic disorder.

As some of you may know, I have a handicapped sister. She is my favorite person in the whole world. Growing up, my mom got lots of help form lots of people by demanding to be heard, helped, and understood. She was relentless in getting Lindsay the right education, therapists, and funding so that we as a family knew all we could to help her develop as much as she could.

So I fully support Ryan (the brains behind this album, who has a son with SMS) in his huge effort to get the word out and be heard. Since it's rare, their isn't much funding or research to help parents deal with the behavioral and mental stress of this disorder. This is a truly amazing gift that Ryan is giving to the SMS community, and I believe he will make a giant leap very possible for these very special people.

Ryan is the author of one of my very favorite blogs, Pacing the Panic Room. He is a brilliant photographer, and if I lived in Florida, I would be paying him to follow me around and photograph my life. Because if he did, it would look like I live the most perfectly balanced life of art, family, love, and sass. I don't think I would survive the humidity though.

Do Fun Stuff! Help SMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment