Wednesday, July 10, 2013

itchy and scratchy

 photo IMG_0126_zpsa1f356ef.jpg
I woke up with the worst hives ever. My whole body was so swollen and horribly itchy.



 photo IMG_0137_zps06ccf924.jpg
Good thing I got this cuddle bug to comfort me.


I did some research, and read that since antihistamines are all different, you can take them together.





 photo IMG_0151_zps25fb4f69.jpg
So I bought every one I could find.

I went to the dr about 3 days in. I got a cortisone shot, and the dr told me to take as many antihistamines as I could find.







 photo IMG_0152_zpsb720f6af.jpg
She is really, really good at taking care of me.

The shot helped take the swelling down considerably, but the hives were still there. I kept taking the pills, but...





 photo IMG_0150_zps63b284ee.jpg
Still pretty itchy.






 photo IMG_0202_zpsf476f516.jpg
Our new couch got delivered, and noodlebug approves!

She is the best at napping, isn't she?





 photo IMG_0232_zpse912aff2.jpg
I've had a bad case of hives before, and my friends mom suggested that I take l-lysine and vitamin c together a few times a day. It worked the first time, so I tried it again. 1000 mg's of each.


I took these once an hour, for 10 hours. My hives disappeared that day, and completely healed by day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment