Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Renegade Holiday Show!

Ever since the summer (and the first) Renegade show that I did, I have actually been working full time at this self employed business of mine. It's a dream come true! I've learned a lot of lessons in these 6 months, 99% of them positive. What it takes to "work at home" (hahahaha), getting everything ordered and stocked so that I can power through an entire month without having to buy anything, etc, etc.

Photobucket
New labels from my fav label company. Check her out here. 



Photobucket
Before I could start on anything new for the show, I had to make 5 sets of beards and mustaches.

Lesson 436: These take WAY longer than they should for the price I am selling them for.


Customers always (sometimes) want "in progress" photos. In progress progress looks, well, unfinished. And paying customers don't want to see you wasting time.

Lesson 327: Do not send progress photos even if they beg.



But I will show you some "in progress" photos of the 5 sets of Sleepover Pals I made for the show:


Photobucket
All cut out...



Photobucket
Lots of little arm balls...(that sounds weird, hu?)



Photobucket
And the finished pile 'o pals!

So, it took me just as much time to make 5 sets of mustaches sets as did 5 sets of sleepover pals.

Lesson 280: Time is money. Work smarter, not harder.



Photobucket
 The Tag-a-long Dolls were the first to go last time, so I wanted to be prepared. There were 5 more that didn't fit in the shot.

I sold every. single. one. before 4 o'clock.

Lesson 869: People LOVE the dolls that you make. Spend more time making what you want to make!



Photobucket
I wanted to make some cute ornaments, so I made some houses...



Photobucket
...some gnomes...


Photobucket
...some apples...


Photobucket
...and pears.

Of course- also on my list of ornaments to make were squirrels, mushrooms, bunnies, hedgehogs, matryoshka dolls, and cats.

Lesson 645 and 328: Make ornaments waaaay before Christmas, and, there's always next year.



From the moment the summer Renegade ended, I have been plotting my shared booth design. After this one, I only have one more thing to tweak, and then I think it's perfect.


Photobucket
I need to make a new sign, like out of actual fabric. But the paper worked wonderfully!



Photobucket
I bought a 10x10 tent, and 3 "walls", and 2 LACK side tables from Ikea. 



Photobucket
The swings were a last minute addition by my brilliant husband. They still need some design work, but I love how they added display space (that's not some flimsy rack or a heavy bookcase)



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
These little foxes went pretty fast. I wanted to make many, many more, and so did the people who came back later to buy them, but they are completely hand sewn and take forever. So they are priced high, and I only had time for 2.



Photobucket
As always, hair clips are a must. People love them!

Secret: I hate making them.



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
I wanted to get custom stickers made for my bags, but I waited too long to order them. So I ended up stamping them all with the stamp that I already had. I like it better, don't you?


And now, onto my fav booths...

Photobucket

Amazing globes.




Photobucket

Such cute japanese bows.



Photobucket

These cats. OMG. Their display was top notch. Her husband built a fruit/veggie stand to house all of her plushies. She also makes crinkly bacon and chicken wings rattles for babies. So cute!

That grey one came home with me. 



Photobucket
I always have to stop by the Wool Buddy booth. And buy something. 



Photobucket

This birdie necklace kills me. If I wore large necklaces...



Photobucket
Tako Fibers. LOVE her. She is so friendly! And makes such cute crewl kits!

Which several family members got as gifts! Yay!


Photobucket
This display was also amazing. Museum amazing.



About that one percent....

...I'll tell ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment