Monday, July 4, 2011

crash, bang, boom

On Friday, I crashed.

My allergies had invaded my right eyeball, and it felt like it was about to burst out of my skull all day. I got out of bed, ate breakfast at noon, and stayed on the couch for the remainder of the day, reading blogs.

It was Danny's first day of freedom- his last day working in Utah was on Thursday. I was incapable of making any sort of decision. I was grouchy. Even my cats avoided me.

My husband fixed everything. He went and got a Lasagna Pizza and Garlic Knots from Este. He saved my life, and allowed me one day to be a total lame zombie couch potato.

It got late. It was hot. So I took Tilda out on the front porch for some cool summer air. Oh yeah. It's July in Utah. No such thing as cool summer air. I let her wander the front yard, sniffing weeds and eating grass. And then I had to go and think "This is one of the last times she will eat grass in our front yard!!"

I don't like being so dramatic, it's just part of who I am. And Lady Gaga tells me that I'm beautiful in my way, so tomorrow will be better and I was so glad the day was finally over.

It's amazing what a little food and a lot of love can do for an overwhelmed, anxiety-ridden wife.



And this guy? He is just one of the many people I will miss terribly when we go. Can you even stand that sweet stare?

Ugggghhhhmmmppphhh!

Oh, and happy 4th!

But you already know how I feel about this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment