Saturday, July 17, 2010

my other brain


It's been so quiet on this blog lately.

I sit down at the end of each day, click "new post" and watch the cursor blink.

"Could I really not have anything to say?" I ask myself in disbelief. I guess I really don't. It's not that nothing has been going on, it totally has- lots of adventures. I just haven't felt like writing about it.

But.

I just have to tell you that today I made the most amazing thing ever. I have been wanting to make something like this for over a year, but every time I spend time doing it, it just comes out all wrong. You know, not exactly what I had pictured in this goofy brain of mine.

But today, well- tonight, I did it! I pulled out all of the pieces, and the puzzle finally made sense! I will take photos tomorrow and hopefully post them on Monday. I would try to get it posted tomorrow as well, but Danny and I have a whole day full of date like things planned.

And speaking of brains- Loo-loo cracked me up the other day. (background info: when Loo-loo says something astoundingly funny or witty, and you ask her "how did you know that?!?" She says with a little laugh "Oh! Just my brain.")

On Tuesday we went out to Ikea to buy some pots and stuff, and on the way home in the car she was trying to tell me something, but couldn't quite recall the correct words. She was saying "Um, well. Hu. Um. Hmmmm. Hmmm." And so I was throwing the usual words that escape her mind at her, and I was not helping. "Diabetic! Texting! Despicable! Pregnant!"

"Is it a hard word to say, or did you just forget?" I asked.

Loo-loo replied "No, it's just in my other brain."

"Oh! Your other brain? I think I have one of those too."

Like the very first time she ever played Guitar Hero, she was on the drums, my mom was playing bass, and Hazel was playing lead guitar. Loo-loo got herself all situated, placed both drumsticks in the air, and said "One, two, three HIT IT!"

(hysterical laughter)

Hazel then asked my mom, "Where does she get this stuff?!?"

"Oh." tee-hee "My brain."

BTW, you should hear her say Despicable. "We go see Spicdicatable Me on Tuesday?"

No comments:

Post a Comment