Monday, May 13, 2013

not being picked is worse than being picked last

 photo photo2copy_zps0a09738a.jpg
I posted about this on the rag-a-muffin blog, but I wanted to share on here too.

Right as I finished my sign that I was going to proudly hang in my booth at Renegade, I got the email.

I didn't get in.



 photo IMG_9543_zps622f14d5.jpg

All dressed up with nowhere to go.

So many brand new dolls, with brand new never before used fabrics and I even designed some new hairstyles!


At both shows I did, I sold out of dolls on the first day. It was sad the second day, having such an empty booth. I had people that came out to buy a doll from me personally, it was so awesome to actually meet my customers face to face. It's also really, really awesome to make a bunch of stuff just for one event. And to be able to sell it all? A dream come true for a home sewer like me.


I know I shouldn't take it personally, but I totally am.



 photo IMG_9538_zpsd53e0e1d.jpg
I wore my favorite red shoes to a lunch date.







 photo IMG_9556_zps28aa6349.jpg
I went over to the Sunset district to the sewing shop. This is what it looks like over there 5 months out of the year. Wanna know why it's waaay cheaper to live over there?

This gloominess is why.






 photo IMG_9560_zpse0251df5.jpg
Luckily I live in Potrero Hill, where its always sunny. And I have my noodlebug to cuddle with me and make me feel better.






 photo IMG_9563_zps43936ea8.jpg
Swiss milk chocolate ice cream??? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment