Friday, November 23, 2012

prince charming quilt and pillow

Photobucket
Months ago, I made a quilt for myself using my favorite fabric designer Tula Pink's Prince Charming fabric. After I sent the quilt off to be quilted in Utah, I made this awesome Cathedral Window pillow to go with it.

(you can make one too- Cathedral Window Pillow)



Photobucket
Isn't is gorgeous????


It was hard and painstaking. But totally worth it!



Photobucket
(front)

I love making quilts on point, even if it totally wastes fabric by having to fussy cut each and every square! Besides, then I have lots of scraps to make pillows with!



Photobucket
(back)



Photobucket
Tula is known for "hiding" images in her work.



Photobucket
The frog prince.



Photobucket
I love this simple silhouette. It reminds me of carefree summer days spend in the backyard.



Photobucket
And as always- the quilting turned out amazingly.



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket
This might be my favorite print of the entire collection. I used to hate the colors navy and coral. Now I totally love them. I kinda wish I had used it for the back instead of the green...



Photobucket
Here is the label. Totally non-traditional as is typically me. (quilt labels are supposed to list the name of the quilt pattern, who made the pattern, who sewed the quilt, who quilted the quilt, and the date.)



Photobucket

But I just wanted to give credit to Tula- she inspires me with every new collection she makes. By now, she has 3 more collections....

How many quilts does one need in their lifetime? 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty. I love those fabrics and the pillow is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete