Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day 2009


Today we went to my parents house and had a fabulous dinner. We had steak, I made red potatoes and green beans, (and chocolate cake,of course). Nick made the famous strawberry salad, and we all ate way too much. I think it was the 4 layer cake that did us all in.

My mom shared some nice memories of her mother with us- it's always nice to hear them because I never knew her. It's pretty rare that she talks about her mom, usually when she does she gets really sad and cries. But not today! My grandma Betty was there too- She was in good spirits and happy. I don't think she knows who I am anymore, but that's okay.

Maloree of course was being silly, and pouring her Dr. Pepper in with her water, and when it got pretty gross looking, Lindsay piped up and said "Gimme. I want to taste." All of us said "No! Ew!" but she said "Yes! Yes!" so Mal handed her the glass. She was grinning ear to ear, and took a sip, and her smile vanished. It was replaced with a sour look, and she goes "Eeluch. You right, it IS gross!" And then she laughed and stuck her tongue out. My brother Nick was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

Nick, Danny and my Dad put the new oven(s) in the wall, so now the kitchen is almost complete. I am so excited for my Mom! She has been waiting so long for this! I gave her the apron I have been working on, and she loved it. Of course I HAD to make her a decorative dish towel that matches. So not practical. But very cute.

We had a very good day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment