Wednesday, September 25, 2013

seattle

Danny had a work thing in Seattle the week after we got back from Ireland, so I went with him. It was a little crazy to have trips back to back like that, but I love Seattle and it's close to our favorite B&B, so we extended the trip and stayed there too.

 photo IMG_0779_zps535da10b.jpg
Poor noodlebug, she was SO SAD when we left again.



Short flights! Wooooo!


We arrived at our hotel and went in search of food.



 photo IMG_0784_zps187ca793.jpg
And we found it! Cheesesteak at DeliNoMore.




The next day I went exploring while Danny met his coworkers for their whatever they were doing.




 photo IMG_0790_zpse6dac81f.jpg






 photo IMG_0794_zps1b6508fc.jpg








 photo IMG_0796_zps3423a122.jpg
Post Alley was one on my very favorite coffee blends made by Seattle's Best back in the day when I used to drink coffee at coffee garden a million years ago. Oh, and Henry's Blend. Mmmm. That was Mike and I's favorite. 






 photo IMG_0801_zps0feb03e4.jpg
I got a muffin from Three Girls Bakery, raspberry cream cheese- sooooo good. The mocha sucked.






 photo IMG_0820_zpsd1058c95.jpg
That night we ate a restaurant in Pike Place, so I got to go back and see it again, all lit up. I had an amazing pork tenderloin, Danny had scallops, and I got to know all the really cool people that he works with.






 photo IMG_0831_zps42351e8d.jpg
The next day, I felt awful. Getting a cold. I loaded up on zinc, and then went to the library, right across the street from our hotel for a hot chocolate and some quiet time.







 photo IMG_0816_zps8bac15b5.jpg
I read this amazing book cover to cover, and felt so inspired afterwards.






 photo IMG_0833_zps65597e89.jpg
I love this place. I love exploring, in total silence. This place is filled with people, yet it's totally peaceful.





 photo IMG_0835_zpsea9d69a0.jpg
I realized that's what I hate about flying for hours and hours- it's all the people, crammed together, all making noise, in a noisy airplane, for hours on end. I hate crowds, and I actively avoid them. If I go out into the city for the day, I come home and I am just exhausted. 


I am an introvert, and people, interactions with people, whether I know them personally or not, exhaust me emotionally. I need my alone time to recharge. Most of the time, recharging with Danny by my side is what I need, but sometimes I just need to be alone. 


For many years, I was your classic co-dependant. I couldn't go anywhere without someone with me. It caused a huge problem when I was learning to drive, because I wouldn't practice unless I had someone with me. I couldn't be alone with myself, I hated being alone, and if I was alone I was freaking out. Over the years, especially after I started drinking, being alone meant I was drinking. And you know what they say about drinking alone. 

I learned in rehab how to be alone. I was pretty much forced to, due to terrible circumstances where I was being treated. What happened was so awful, and it hurt me deeply, almost as much as the drinking had done, but I learned. I finally got it. 




 photo IMG_0842_zps37c091fe.jpg
I learned how to love myself, and to love one's self, you need to be comfortable being alone. Spending quality time with yourself. 

In a library full of people, I learned that I can spend quality time with myself, and it's wonderful. In the future, I will spend more time at the library to offset time spent on planes.





 photo IMG_0841_zpsf7cd97fb.jpg
Coolest escalators. They go on, and on....





 photo IMG_0853_zps4fccb29e.jpg
We were told about Salumi, so went on our last day for lunch. That sandwich was so goooood. Danny had the spaghetti one, he loved it.





 photo IMG_0857_zpsce48ba95.jpg
Then we rented a car, checked out of our hotel and drove to Snoqualmie.






 photo IMG_0859_zps560e67df.jpg
We've been here a million times, but never in sunny weather! 


 photo IMG_0881_zpsfd20d51d.jpg
I love this place, it's my home away from home. Deanna is such an amazing host, I just love her to pieces!




 photo IMG_0874_zps7fbd1f1e.jpg
Uh-oh. Halloween candy.






 photo IMG_0880_zps85920a55.jpg
House in the country. The Old Hen, the best B&B in the world.






 photo IMG_0935_zpsc923f659.jpg
I love the chickens!







 photo IMG_0937_zpsd1fe7a57.jpg
Danny trying to lure the bunny out...






 photo IMG_0936_zps8fdc6a1a.jpg
....and the duck bossing everyone else around.







 photo IMG_0872_zps8e6fe624.jpg
Pretty creek bed.






 photo IMG_0887_zps071c9089.jpg
It's that time again!








 photo IMG_0894_zps7701322e.jpg
Cherry Pie!!!!!

(although it's really not that great anymore. Like waaaaay lower quality than it used to be, which is so sad!)




 photo IMG_0893_zps66608d93.jpg
Danny had a shake.







 photo IMG_0900_zps5d614c8e.jpg
We went and had dinner at the Great Northern. It wasn't all that great, but the view was spectacular.





 photo IMG_0940_zps6674a236.jpg


So pretty. I just love this place, I can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment