Friday, June 10, 2011

the big reveal

It's official. We're moving to San Francisco.

I know, right?

How it happened:

Danny met some cool people on our Portland trip. After we got home he had a phone interview, then they flew us out last weekend. He interviewed on Monday, got the offer on Tuesday, and accepted on Wednesday. They want us out there the first week in July.

I'm kinda freaking out.

I have so much to say, but today I don't have time to put it into words.

It's a really cool company- with some very promising technology doing exactly what Danny loves doing, in a city that's steeped in great programmers. Danny is always telling me how much he wants to learn from greater programmers than he is. But hasn't had/probably never will have that opportunity here. And the opportunities for me? Well, let's just say I won't have trouble finding work doing exactly what I love.


So a little about our weekend:

We stayed right by the ferry building- so we walked over there every day. Look at these beautiful cake plates! Spotted at Miette's.



No offense SLC, but this is what a real city looks like. And it's by the ocean. And it doesn't snow.



Also from Miette's. The cake part was fabulous, but the frosting was...boring. Boring frosting? Yes. But their macaroons were heavenly.



The De Young. I'm not much of a renaissance fan, but there were a few awesome exhibits.



And a few more modern pieces. One of my fav artists- Wayne Thiebaud.



I love palm trees.



Our hotel was right next door the the YMCA. I'm such a tourist. For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment